Thursday, August 1, 2013

The 2013 Molokai-2-Oahu Event – Recap by Connor Baxter /StandUpPaddleSurf

My family and I went from Maui to Molokai on Friday on our boat. We brought my boards, our food, water, clothes, provisions, and Igloo coolers. It was great to get there a couple days early to relax.


On Saturday Zane Schweitzer and I got a good paddle in. We also got our boards ready with OnIt Pro. Then the rest of the day was rest and lots of eating!

My dad and I did lots of research on which line was favored weeks before the race. Since there was an outgoing tide everyone normally goes southbound. The current pushes you north – so you want to head more south so that you aren’t trying to paddle against the current once you get to Oahu. Also – the wind predictions were really good. East winds at 20 mph. So – before the race I had a good idea of what line to take to Oahu.  More; The 2013 Molokai-2-Oahu Event – Recap by Connor Baxter

No comments:

Ground Swell, The Other Side of Fear

  Experience the fear and inner turmoil behind surfing the world’s biggest waves. Monster Energy is proud to announce the upcoming theatrica...