Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Shootout’s Coming Attractions | OffshoreOnly.com – Powerboating Online

A little more than 11 months ago I wrote my column (read it here) on why I couldn’t wait for the 25th anniversary of the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout. Well the event is just around the corner and I can hardly contain myself. The hype is building and I don’t think I’m going to be disappointed, especially considering the incredible gathering of jaw-dropping hardware expected to attend the week-long event (Aug. 16-25).

The defending Top Gun champion from the 2011 Lake of the Ozarks Shootout, Bill Tomlinson is planning to return to the event this year in My Way, his 50-foot Mystic Powerboats catamaran. (Photo courtesy of Robert Brown.)

Well there is one thing that’s somewhat disappointing—the 2012 Top Gun champion won’t be returning as Nebraska’s Greg Olson officially retired after running his 36-foot Eliminator Boats catamaran 192 mph to wow the Shootout spectator fleet. That said, Olson would be facing a difficult task to defend the Top Gun title with the 2011 champion expected to return.  More; The Shootout’s Coming Attractions | OffshoreOnly.com – Powerboating Online

No comments:

Ground Swell, The Other Side of Fear

  Experience the fear and inner turmoil behind surfing the world’s biggest waves. Monster Energy is proud to announce the upcoming theatrica...