Saturday, December 22, 2012

Surfing Heels with NSP Surf Betty - Kelly Potts



Surfing Heels with NSP Surf Betty - Kelly Potts

I love surfing. I learn so much about myself through the sport. The ocean humbles me. I appreciate nature so much when I'm in the water. And it always makes me feel happy. So today, I felt like expressing my feminine happiness by dressing up pin-up style, putting on some semi-high heels, and riding some baby waves. What a hoot!

This isn't an "out-of-the-ordinary" act, in fact, when I work as a surf instructor for Maui Surfer Girls (an all-teenage girls surf camp) in the summer time, we dress up in costume to surf on many occasions. Just a way to break up the serious attitudes that can be seen in the water, and bring a touch of humor and excitement to the atmosphere.

On days like today, with the waves curling over my knees, it makes getting out there a grand event! And today I felt like a true Surf Betty...

http://www.nspsurfboards.com/index.php

No comments:

Ground Swell, The Other Side of Fear

  Experience the fear and inner turmoil behind surfing the world’s biggest waves. Monster Energy is proud to announce the upcoming theatrica...